Sometimes, we spend a lot of time in the car – going to and back from activities. Just thought I’d share some of the learning that takes place in our car when out and about. If you have any add, please do leave a comment as we often make hour long journeys during our week:
- Audio Books – and lots of them. Our local library stocks loads and so we listen to a lot of audio books. Our favourite so far has been Lamb in the Laundry (Animal Ark Series).
- Quick Mental Math. I ask R an addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and she has to tell me the answer before I count to five. Its a lot of fun.
- Old favourite: I spy (Z has started to join in with this too now).
- Counting 1 to 10 in English and Arabic with the boys. Baby Y has been counting to 10 in both languages for the past 5 months now mashaAllah.
- Quran murajaah – listening to surahs she has already memorised and working on new hifdh
- Reading, reading and more reading
- Islamic discussions – mainly related to character especially if we are going to be guests somewhere
- Having a sing along to some nasheeds
- Discussing ideas of new projects