Please support this email to your contacts – especially those that want to gain some reward from Allah and volunteer for the project. And revert sisters in difficulty who would benefit (it doesn’t matter how small or big the difficulty is).
As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,
May this meet you in the best of health, happiness and imaan.
Here is some really exciting news, Masha’Allah.
SOLACE, a new voluntary organisation has been set up to help revert sisters in difficulty. www.solaceuk.org
At some point, you have most likely received a forward in your inbox or a text asking you if you know of anyone who can house a revert sister who has been thrown out of their home or asking you to donate money for a revert single mother who is unable to pay the rent and has been threatened with eviction.
How often do you think that these sisters get the help they need? And after their immediate problem is solved, who is there to follow up with the sister on a regular basis, just to see if she is okay?
What most people forget is that many revert sisters may have been rejected by their families and don’t always receive the support they need from the Muslim community either. Sadly, we are not in a position where mosques or Muslim community centres can offer lasting assistance to these sisters and they are often left to fend for themselves.
SOLACE, with the help of Allah, aims to provide comfort, companionship and practical assistance to these revert sisters.
Here is a taster of the kinds of support SOLACE will provide, bi idhnillah;
- Listening service through the support scheme, by trained SOLACE volunteers
- Household help for revert sisters who have no family support
- Counselling by qualified counsellors and life coaches
- Parenting workshops
- Coffee mornings and day trips
- Much more, insha’Allah
By the grace of Allah, we have the support and full backing of Sheikh Haitham Al Haddad, who has given us his time and advice to help establish SOLACE. May Allah reward him for his generosity.
However, SOLACE needs YOUR help.
Here’s what you can do…
1. First of all, please spread the word to revert sisters you know who may be facing difficulties. They may be coping alone with health problems, suffering depression, isolation or loneliness. Or suffering marital problems or physical/emotional abuse, or needing help dealing with non-Muslim relatives? They may even be considering leaving their Deen.
If so, please pass on the SOLACE website address to them: http://www.solaceuk.org
2. SOLACE is a voluntary organisation that relies solely on fundraising and donations. It is still in urgent need of an extra £5000 funding.
– If you would like to host a fundraising event in your area please contact email@example.com
– If you would like to make a donation, then visit the website where donations can be made via Paypal or direct bank transfer, (to be safe and secure.)
– If you know of any companies that would like to sponsor SOLACE, forward this email to them and ask them to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
100% DONATION PROMISE
You can be confident that 100% of the money you donate goes towards assisting reverts in difficulty. No money is taken from your donation for our administration costs.
- SOLACE needs volunteers.
Do you know of any sisters based in London who have 1-2 hours a week to spare, to listen and provide support to a revert sister in difficulty? (full training will be provided free of charge).
Do you, or anyone you know have skills that you think SOLACE could benefit from?
eg. administrative, fundraising, counselling skills etc
SOLACE needs your support to make this a beneficial service for revert sisters in difficulty.
Please make du’a for this project.
(Solace is supported by MRDF: Muslim Research and Development Foundation)